- Endless Hot Water
- 82% to 95% Energy Efficient
- Heats Water On Demand
- No Tank To Leak
- Space Saver
- Remote Control Options
- Long Lasting
Water Heaters Only, Inc installs tankless water heaters in most of our service areas. Our technicians receive factory training and certification by the manufacturers to install tankless water heaters. Our customers have been very pleased with the Tankless water heating systems we’ve installed for them.
In our experience, they are not for every home, but can provide endless hot water and save space for many homeowners. Tankless water heaters are more environmentally friendly than tank type water heaters, by saving up to 30% on energy usage. Combine the space saving features with energy savings and a tankless water heater may be the right choice for you.
A Water Heaters Only, Inc tankless expert can help you understand how a tankless water heater works and determine the proper size unit for your household. Call 24 hours a day (619) 222-3814 and let us help you decide if a tankless water heater is a viable option for you.
Tankless Water Heater Installations
- Endless Hot Water Tankless water heaters heat water on demand, thus they do not run out of hot water. This type of water heating system can be useful for large families or for homes with larger hot water demands – for example homes with a soaking tub or spa system are often good candidates for a tankless system. If you are unsatisfied with your current water heater, consider converting to a tankless water heater system. While traditional storage water tanks are compared based on gallon capacity, recovery rate and first hour rating, tankless hot water heaters are compared based on flow rate. As long as the home uses hot water at a flow rate below the tankless heater’s maximum flow rate, there is endless hot water. Important to note: Tankless units do not provide instant hot water as hot water still takes time to flow from the unit to the destination. If you are interested in instant hot water call and ask one of our experts about recirculation systems. Depending on the configuration of your plumbing we may be able to install a circulation system for you.
- Energy Efficient Tankless water heaters on average will save 20% to 40% on energy use compared with storage tank type water heaters. The most efficient tankless water heaters have a 92% to 95% efficiency compared to traditional gas storage tanks that operate at a maximum 62% efficiency. Tankless units typically operate at over 80% energy efficiency. Tankless water heaters save most energy because water is not constantly heated, cooled and re-heated like within a storage tank.
- Space Saver Tankless water heaters are much smaller and are more versatile for installation. You can even hang them on the wall or locate them outside and they are about 1/4 of the size of a tank type water heater, this can free up space inside your home or garage.
- Long Life Expectancy If maintained properly tankless water heaters can sometimes last twice as long as a traditional storage tank. Average life expectancy of storage tank water heaters is approximately 8 to 12 years.
- Sizing a Tankless Water Heater In our experience flow rate is the most important factor in sizing your tankless water heater.Tankless units heat water on demand (when you open your faucet) unlike traditional storage tanks that heat when the tank temperature drops below a set point. Tankless water heater sizes are measured by their per minute flow rate rather than by their gallon capacity. Most tankless water heater manufacturers offer several models to meet different flow rate needs. Flow rates for most major brands range from four to eight gallons per minute. Typically, the smaller four to five gallon per minute water heaters are suitable for smaller apartments and small one bathroom homes. For single family residences with two bathrooms or more, we strongly recommend installing a six to eight gallon per minute unit. These tankless water heaters are designed to service two or three applications at the same time. For very large homes, restaurant or other commercial applications there are many other options including installing multiple tankless units in series.